Do you know your ears contain points representing all parts of your body? If you have ever visited an acupuncturist, then you may have noticed that needles are often inserted on your ears rather than on the “problem area” of your body.
Did you also know that you can massage your ears to facilitate healing and well being for any part of your body? You can also work on the reflex points on your hands and feet…however I find my ears are much easier to get to and easier to manipulate.
Ear massage can give you a tune-up for all the parts of your body.
It is a good idea to sit comfortably with your back braced against the back of your chair, feet flat on the floor and shoulder width apart. Sit up straight and relax. Take your time and do a thorough job of massaging your ears to get the most benefit from your session.
- Grasp your ear flaps gently between your thumb and forefingers.
- Knead your ears, inner and outer auricle, taking your time. You may find areas that are painful or achy and you may wish to spend a little more time on those areas.
- If you are experiencing a specific problem such as a headache locate the head reflex point on your ears and rub that area between your thumb and index finger. Notice if your head begins to feel better. You might want to spend some time massaging the neck point as well. If it is a sinus headache spend some time working on the nose, eye and cheeks points too.
- Then gently pull on your earlobes for a few seconds.
- Rub your hands together to warm your palms. Place your hands lightly over your ears with your fingers pointed toward the back of your head.
- Tap your fingers on your head several times.
- When you are finished, close your eyes and breathe in and out 6 to 12 times to end your session.
If you are on my website reading this article there is an amazing ear reflexology chart accompanying it here on this page. When you click on the image, a larger version will appear that you can refer to anytime you visit my website.