A few years ago, I had a big problem. I was sick and got to the point that I couldn’t even work out side my house. I lost all my money and had to move home with my Mom. That’s when I began to teach myself healing techniques and home remedies.
I believe that God put plants on this earth and water and other people to heal us. We are not alone. We have it all in God’s green earth.
Here are a few things I have discovered about herbs and aromatherapy.
We have a wealth of health on our kitchen shelves:
- Sweet Basil – tea for indigestion, fevers, colds, flu, kidney and bladder troubles, headaches, cramps, nausea, vomiting constipation and nervous conditions.
- Cayenne – is beneficial to the heart and circulation. Is used to clear the lymph system, colds, flu, diminished vitality, headaches, indigestion, depression and arthritis.
- Cinnamon – Warms the body, increasing circulation, improving digestion, treats flatulence, vomiting and nausea.
- Fennel – antispasmodic, diuretic, expectorant and stimulant
- Garlic – has been used for colds, flus, fevers and infectious diseases also used to treat parasites and infections.
- Ginger – benefits the stomach, intestines, circulation, cramps, nausea, pain, inflammation and stiff joints.Squeeze out the juice of a fresh grated ginger and combine with equal parts of olive or sesame oil to produce an oil that can be massaged into the skin for relief of muscle pain.
- Rosemary – May be used as an aspirin substitute to treat headaches. It is high in easily assimilable calcium and thus is of benefit to the entire nervous system. A tea is made by adding one-half ounce of rosemary to a pint of boiled water and steeping for ten minutes in a covered vessel. Rosemary also good for the scalp and hair; use a strong cooled tea as a rinse after shampoo.
- Sage – In the early stages of the flu or cold, sinus congestion, bladder infections and inflammatory conditions.
- Thyme – expectorant and antiseptic, bronchial problems, laryngitis, diarrhea and lack of appetite.
Essential Oils I don’t want to live without:
- Eucalyptus – Healing power is broad and wide-ranging. It has a strong influence on breathing. It increases the oxygen supply of every body cell through it’s ability to activate red blood cell functioning. This increases oxygen bonding in the lungs where oxygen is passed on to the body’s cellular system. It can help regenerate lung tissue and functions as an expectorant and cough suppressant. This essential oil is a traditional remedy for asthma, bronchitis, colds and flu, as well as sinus problems and throat infection. Psychologically, it is refreshing and stimulating, increasing concentration, logical thought process and intellectual capacities.
I use it heavily in my massage practice. It clears on many levels. I steam with it during an upper respiratory problem. i have used it when studying as well.
- Lavender – Lavender has a wide range of applications. it is beneficial for treating any kind of skin problem such as eczema, boils, dermatitis, fever blisters, herpes, burns and cuts. It is helpful in treating headaches, urinary tract and bladder infections. It stimulates white blood cell formation and strengthens the body’s defenses. It has been used to treat colds, flu and bronchitis. also useful for strengthening the heart. It has been praised and used for centuries for skin care, good for dry skin and acne. it is very calming and balancing.
- Lemon – Lemon oil has a high vibration lifting spirits, is beneficial both physically and emotionally, it stimulates the mind, increasing concentration and the ability to memorize. It is antibacterial and is used in hospitals in England, for this purpose as well as psychologically strengthening patients. It activates white blood cell formation helping protect during flu outbreaks. It is an astringent, an antiseptic, a disinfectant and a styptic that stops wounds from bleeding. Applied to insect bites, it takes the itching and swelling away.
- Mint – An antiseptic, expectorant, relieves cramps, stimulates lymph drainage. It helps relieve headaches, dizziness, digestive disorders, sore muscles, and joint pain. It is refreshing, increasing concentration, memory and gets rid of mental fatigue, lack of concentration and unclear thinking.
- Orange – Beneficial for relieving digestive disorders, good for gallbladder, kidney, and bladder. it is a heart tonic and will lift your spirits. I usually recommend it to clients who are depressed. It is a good aromatherapy for children as well.